How To Play
The objective of the game is to race around the 5x5 board by building a path to each of the corners. All while backstabbing your fellow players by manipulating the tiles laid out in strategic ways.
It’s quite literally “rat-race, the board game.”
The gameplay is somewhat like a mix of…
- Tsuro’s tile placement but you can manipulate the tiles and there is no player elimination.
- Saboteur’s exploration without the hidden roles—everyone is screwing over everyone.
- Dominion’s card/action chaining without the deck-building.
- Magic the Gathering’s resource/hand management except you need to move on a board to collect resources.
- Chess’s strategy of planning your move and adjusting them according to your opponent’s moves.
Gameplay at a glance
Playthrough and how-to-play videos
- Just let Terence explain it - How to play
- Board Game Empire - How to play
- Cardboard Stacker - Preview and playthough
- Unfiltered Gamer - Review and how-to-play
You traverse the office by laying down Project Cards to build out a collective career path–what path you choose to take is totally up to you. Remember though, any cards laid down can also be utilized by your fellow coworkers so place the Project Cards carefully. Together with the u̶n̶w̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ help of your coworkers, you can forge your path to the coveted promotion!
Use Office Politics Cards to advance your own career goals or to sabotage those around you. You’ll find that an employee who successfully utilizes Office Politics will go very far here at Sysifus Corp.
Chaining together multiple Office Politics Cards to create advantages schemes is the bread and butter of the culture here at Sysifus Corp. The more cards you can chain together in a combo, the further your career advances.
Play the game for free right now
Sign up for the newsletter below and I will automatically send you a FREE copy of the print-and-play version.
Try the game out for yourself. No hard feelings if you decide the game isn't for you.